Hands-on Introductory Solution for STEAM at Home or in the Classroom
This at-home, mini-kit, featuring Strawbees, is an entry-level kit ideal for schools or districts implementing STEAM into their technology plans for the first time.
Designed for Grades 2-5 to facilitate 1-1 or 2-1 distance and hybrid learning during classroom closures, each kit comes with NGSS and Common Core aligned lesson plans that allow students to code, create, and experiment at home or in school.
With a Slider, Servo Motor and Strawbees building straws, students can build various contraptions to engage students and expose them to basic engineering principles, with a particular emphasis on the hands-on side of STEAM learning.
Features and Benefits
- Affordable, 1-1 or 2-1 model means students can make their kit their own
- Portable and flexible- Comes in a tray with snap-shut lid for easy transportation and storage
- Facilitates in-school or at-home set up for schools or districts
- 10 NGSS and common core aligned lesson plans and free access to our STEAM Course
- 75+ Maker task cards - Inspire your students to solve a real-life problem with these project ideas and prompts
- Structured lesson materials written by teachers for teachers
What's in the Kit?
- Strawbees STEAM Starter Pack
- 1 Slider
- 1 Servo Motor
- 50 Pipe cleaners
- 2 Servo Motor attachments
- Ping pong ball
- 2 LEGO© Casings
- USB Charging Cable
Number of Students: One to two users per kit