International Week - July 13-17, 2020
Join us at International Week, a STEAM and coding virtual camp accommodating students from Europe, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific with adjusted learning hours.
Buy any 2 Courses and Get 20% Off
Virtual sessions bringing an interactive STEAM and coding camp experience right to the comfort of the living room!
Students will be taken through Computer Science Standard (CSTA) aligned lessons where they will design and code camp-related systems with the SAM Labs blocks and Google’s Workbench Edu platform. The lessons are very hands-on, interactive, and engaging for all students!
Lessons are led by our team of Education Consultants, who are certified educators, and will help students develop their computational thinking and problem-solving skills.
Multi Sibling Bundle
Save 20% when you purchase two or more. The discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
- Live lessons by our team of former educators
- Each camp consists of five sessions, starting on Monday and ending on Friday
- 1.5 hours of live instruction through Zoom video conferencing
- Plus 1.5 hours of structured, self-paced learning (through Seesaw), daily
- Chat feature for support during self-paced learning
- Official SAM Labs Graduation Certificate
Please note: This option does not include a Learn to Code Alpha Kit.
- Laptop or Desktop required
- Internet connection with access to Zoom video conferencing and Workbench Edu
- Learn to Code Alpha Kit required (this can be an existing kit)
Students will learn about the functionality of computing systems with various software and hardware, use pseudocodes to solve complex problems as algorithms, design and refine systems with compound conditionals, and create procedures with parameters to organize code and make it accessible. Students in this advanced group will focus on block-based coding.
All lessons include a coding portion and a creation portion to expand computational and design thinking skills. For example, students will code a virtual compass rose system in Google Workbench and then create a prototype with a Micro:bit and other materials to watch their code come to life.
Here are a few examples of the camp-themed lessons:
- Virtual bonfire to roast marshmallows
- Interactive scary campfire stories
- Solar oven for your favourite camp food
- Camping tent to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Virtual compass rose
How to Purchase
Complete this form to secure a spot and pay via Paypal.