International Week - July 13-17, 2020
Join us at International Week, a STEAM and coding virtual camp accommodating students from Europe, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific with adjusted learning hours.
Buy any 2 Courses and Get 20% Off
The virtual sessions bring an interactive STEAM and coding camp experience right into the comfort of your living room! Students will be taken through Computer Science Standard (CSTA) aligned lessons where they will design and code camp-related systems with the SAM Labs blocks and free SAM Space app. The lessons are very hands-on, interactive, and engaging for all students.
Lessons are led by our team of Education Consultants, who are certified educators, and will help students develop their computational thinking and problem-solving skills.
Multi Sibling Bundle: Save 20% when you purchase two or more. The discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
Details and Inclusions
- Live lessons by our team of former educators
- Five sessions, starting on Monday and ending on Friday
- 1.5 hours of live instruction through Zoom video conferencing daily
- Plus 1.5 hours of structured, self-paced learning (through Seesaw) daily
- Chat feature for support during self-paced learning
- Official SAM Labs Graduation Certificate
- Laptop or Tablet required
- Internet connection with access to Zoom video conferencing
- STEAM Alpha Kit required (this can be an existing kit)
Students will learn about the fundamentals behind computing systems such as software, hardware, inputs, outputs, and what coding looks like with the SAM Labs learning solution. Across all the camp-themed lessons students will analyze patterns and algorithms, develop systems with sequences and simple loops, and use their computational thinking skills to evaluate the functionality of their systems.
All lessons include a coding portion and a creation portion to expand computational and design thinking skills. For example, students will code a bonfire kindling system in SAM Space and then create a prototype with the Bluetooth blocks and other materials to watch their code come to life!
Here are a few examples of the camp-themed lessons:
- Virtual bonfire to roast marshmallows
- Interactive scary campfire stories
- Solar oven for your favourite camp food
- Camping tent to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Virtual compass rose
How to Purchase
Complete this form to secure a spot and pay via Paypal.
Please note: This option does not include a STEAM Alpha Kit.